Sunday, October 17, 2010

Alisa Kathryn Baker - Born October 10, 2010

A little girl is born this day - how peaceful the world became.
Gentle is the air today, soft the nighttime everywhere.
Free from the outside world of gloom, free of heartache, free of care.

All I need is being with you to be alive and be renewed.
You are innocence; we are wisdom, concerns, joy.
Sharing each other with every smile and giggle, every toy.

Who knows what you and I will see down this path of ours?
You will learn and grow, make your way, and one day you will lead.
I will love you always, support your ambitions, your plans, your every need.

We want to bring you to the world, and give the world to you.
I knew you first as the expression of a mighty love.
You emphasize its beauty now, the diamond of my heart, the whitest dove.

Come take my hand. Follow me first in things I know, then I will let you lead.
Find the answers for the world, bring them comfort, know your heart's desire.
Grasp your interests by the horns, blaze a path, mold with fire.

When you become the light of someone's life, take with you the things we knew.
Bring them to a child of yours. I will bless the day that she is born when
Gentle is the air and soft the nighttime everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment