Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Circle of Dreams

I can remember your face as clearly as sunshine and starlight.
It was innocent of pain from time and care,
It was pure and honest, unstained by motives, agendas, reasons,
The day I walked away from love itself, I truly lost the face of love.

Years passed and on a mountain day I looked beyond the window
The stallion stood and drank beside the pond,
Fireflies below and stars above looking for the moonlight girl.
And the circle of dreams began to bloom around the face of love.

Images dreamed since early times were those remaining in the mind.
Unfair to love who we once were, not knowing who we had become,
The search was deep for passion past, but the bridge to bring us home was gone,
The circle of dreams closed again, and for all time, upon the face of love.

Forgive me if I cling to this, as sometimes it was all I had.
I saw you tall and straight and strong. It brought me through the worst of days.
We loved for all these years apart, pursuing paths in separate ways.
Reaching back to days far gone - for me the face of love remains.

If you should see the deepest sky in shades of precious cobalt blue,
Think back to us and know I keep those timeless days as fresh and new.
For it is not who we are now that leads me down a path of pride,
But days back then of loving you that never faded, never died.

A final thought I give to you, as youth you seek and pain you shed.
Youth and beauty first perceived are dreams that thrive upon one's bed.
Ambitions won and missions lost were things long chased at any cost.
Now is the time for you to find deeper beauty, peace of mind.

Do not yield to chance just now, or build your dream on shifting sand.
Influence is purchased by the yard and it changes with advisors lives.
Counsel wise and from your heart alone
To grasp the prize at last and bring it home.

You'll be with someone else, but I will be happy for you,
as I keep the memory from the face of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment